I decided to make these into individual servings instead of slicing. I find it helps me control portions if I already know exactly what I can eat.
These were easy to throw together and then put in the slow cooker while I was outside raking and picking up leaves. 16 bags later, oh boy! The fall and spring clean up really gives me a great workout. Mulching will be done in a couple of weeks!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (1 for the mix and 1 for the glaze)
- 1 lb Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Meat
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Quaker Steel Cut Oats
- 1 egg
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili
- Pam Olive Oil Spray
- In a skillet over medium heat, spray the Pam, add onion and jalapeno. Cook for a few minutes and then add 1 garlic clove. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat to cool.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, cumin, cayenne, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and mix well.
- Add cooled onion mixture and combine.
- Add egg and oats and mix well.
- Shape into 1 loaf or 4 individual loaves and place in the slow cooker.
- Combine diced tomatoes, 1 garlic clove, honey, lime juice, chipotle chili and 1/4 tsp salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a blender and spoon over top during the last 1/2 hour.
This recipe makes 4 servings at 2 points each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.