When it starts to get warmer, our dinners start to get a bit lighter and sometimes colder. Frozen shrimp is such a life-saver for me. I always have one or two bags in the freezer. I get the large or extra-large that I have to peel but that is my preference. It's a awesome convenience food with so many possibilities. After a long week of work, this is normally my go-to meal on a Friday night.
I place the shrimp in a colander over a bowl and run cold water over them to defrost while I'm getting the rest of the meal together. Quick and simple to peel them and I'm ready to go!
This meal couldn't have been easier. I already had red and orange peppers sliced from my #veggiesoftheweek, so I diced them and a smallish onion. The quickness of the meal is also helped along with the Birds Eye Riced cauliflower. It blends so nicely with the rest of the ingredients.
- 1/2 lb shrimp, defrosted and peeled
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup red/orange/green bell peppers, diced
- 1 smallish/medium onion, diced
- 10 oz bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Veggie made Riced Cauliflower, microwaved
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- sesame seeds: optional
- Start by cooking the peppers and onions in an sprayed skillet over medium heat until softened.
- Add the Riced Cauliflower, mix well.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Push to the side of the skillet and add the shrimp.
- Cook for 3 minutes on one side, flip and cook another 3 minutes.
- Incorporate everything together and squeeze lime over it.
This recipe makes 4 servings for 0 points on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.