I've made a lot of chili recipes in my time but this is the best I've ever come up with. I always make a double batch and then freeze two servings at a time. This is so I can be lazy twice a month, pull it out of the freezer and nuke it for dinner.
L-A-Z-Y is sometimes needed.
Normally, I'm creating, cooking, cleaning up but twice a month, I know I don't have to be in the kitchen until 10 minutes before dinner time. It's so important to give yourself a break AND to eat a meal that is still healthy!
And, of course, this is done in the slow cooker so it's simple to make as well!
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 lb extra lean ground chicken
- 2 to 3 small or medium onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans no salt diced tomatoes
- 1 can no salt tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of water
- Cook turkey, chicken, onion and garlic in a large skillet until no longer pink, breaking up into small chunks. Add to slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.
You don't NEED to cook the meat with onion and garlic first. You can absolutely just toss everything into the slow cooker and then give it a good mix. This is just something I choose to do.
I like to add diced onions and fat free cheddar cheese to my bowl!
This recipe makes 12 servings (1 & 1/2 cups) at 0 points on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.
Note: this are the containers I use to freeze. They are heavy duty and made especially for the freezer. I measure out about 3 cups into each container for 2 servings.
Link to Containers