I seriously could have eaten the whole skillet, that's how awesome these shrimps were. But, alas, portion control is always in the back of my mind. I know shrimp is 0 points but that doesn't mean I can eat a pound all by myself!
This dish was sweet and a tad spicy (you can make it more or less) and I served it over Trader Joe's Cauliflower Rice.
Definitely a dish going into my rotation! Dinner was on the table in less than 15 minutes. My kinda meal -:)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2/3 cup beer
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (I buy the tube paste just for this kind of situation)
- 1/4 cup Sweet Thai Chili Sauce (I find this in the International section)
- Few pinches more or less cayenne pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, defrosted, peeled, deveined
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter until melted.
- Add onion and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add beer, tomato paste and sweet chili sauce.
- Add a few pinches of cayenne pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, flip and cook for 3 minutes more.
You can serve this over rice, a baked potato or spiralized zucchini.
This recipe makes 3 servings at 4 points each on Weight Watchers Freestyle program.