I was CRAVING stir fried vegetables yesterday so I ran to the store quickly after work and grabbed some fresh broccoli and mushrooms. The great thing about this recipe is you can use whatever vegetables you want!
I prepped everything on my cutting board before I started cooking. The process is quick so you want to be ready.
See that little pic in the bottom right hand corner? I keep telling you guys about these awesome ginger cubes! Is anyone listening? HAHA
Dorot makes these and you can find them in the freezer section of your grocery store. Click here to use their Store Locator. I have the ginger and basil cubes. Such a lifesaver!!
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz container of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp or a pinch or two crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Dorot Frozen cubes or 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- water as needed
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a large skillet over high heat, add water to just cover bottom of pan, broccoli, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and ginger. Stir often until broccoli is tender and keep adding water as needed to prevent sticking or burning.
- Stir in the vinegar and soy sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
The possibilities are endless!
This recipe makes 2 servings at 1 point each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.