You can't be on Pinterest and NOT trip over this recipe. It's everywhere! I decided to give it a try in my Instapot but you can do this in the slower cooker or on top of the stove. Whatever floats your boat. And you can totally customize this recipe to your specifications!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 - 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 oz can light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 10 oz bag of frozen corn
- 2 - 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup water
This is where I strayed off the path a bit. I never use those packets of taco seasoning. I cut sodium wherever I can and this is one of them. Click here for Taco Seasoning Recipe. It can be a little spicy depending on what your heat level is. I used 4 tbsp in this recipe.
If you want to use the packet, by all means, go right ahead! You would use 1 packet + 1 tsp cumin + 1 tsp chili powder.
- Pour water in the pot and then add all other ingredients.
- Make sure vent is sealed.
- Set pot to soup function or use manual for 8 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and chop / shred it and place back in.
This makes 8 - 1 cup servings for 0 points on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.
Serve with some sour cream to tame the heat or some slices of avocado. Store bought tortilla chips or make your own pita chips. I took a Joseph's pita round and put it in my air fryer for two minutes on each side then sliced it up into chips which was 1 pt.