All joking aside, this is the best Wonton Soup I've ever made! It was SO much better than the take out soup. And these mini wontons from Trader Joe's? So savory! Even my husband said it was mad good.
This soup comes together really quick and you just pop the frozen wontons in at the end for a few minutes.
This soup makes me...content.
Since it's going to turn cold again this weekend, I'm looking forward to the leftovers.
I like matching up my kitchenware with the food I'm making. As you can see in the photo, I have some Asian-style bowls. If I was cooking Mexican, I would have used my Fiesta Ware. I'm just kooky like that! Here is a link to where you can get affordable Asian-style kitchen ware. Chinaware Products
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cubes of ginger, crushed or 2 tsp of fresh ginger
- 6 cups Swanson Unsalted chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 6 oz fresh shitake mushrooms
- 1 bag Trader Joe's frozen Chicken Cilantro Mini Wontons
- 2 cups bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat sesame oil and vegetable oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, rice wine, soy sauce and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in bok choy and scallions then add the mini wontons.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
This recipe makes 4 servings: 1 & 1/2 cups of broth and 8 wontons for 5 points on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.
Note: The Dorot Ginger I find in the frozen section of my grocery. They are cubes of ginger. What a concept! I have ginger and basil ready to go whenever I need it.