I wanted to change it up for lunch today so I went "fridge surfing". While I had a bunch of veggies roasting in the oven, I threw together this Breakfast Calzone.
I used one of my turkey sausage patties (0 points!) that I make ahead and freeze. It's easy to defrost in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds then chop up to add to the eggs.
0 Point Turkey Sausage
- 2 eggs, scrambled and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp light cream cheese
- 1/2 tbsp whipped butter
- 1 turkey sausage patty
- 1 Tumaro wrap (1 pt!)
- 1/4 cup Kraft fat free cheddar cheese
- egg wash
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with cream cheese and butter.
- In a small skillet, sprayed with cooking spray, cook the eggs until just done.
- Place the eggs and chopped sausage on one side of the wrap and top with cheese.
- Brush the egg wash on the inside of the wrap, all the way around.
- Fold the wrap over and use a fork to seal the calzone.
- Bake in the oven on 400 for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
I topped mine with salsa and enjoyed some roasted veggies on the side.
This recipe makes 1 serving for 3 pts on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.