I knew my weekend might be a little crazy and I never want to be caught without food ready to go. Just in case 'cause I don't want to be in the position where I'm driving thru a fast food joint or ordering pizza.
I assembled these on Friday so they were ready to go on Sunday. Perfect!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 lb Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- A good pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup unsalted tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Kraft fat free cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp. Place zucchini boats in a sprayed baking dish.
- Chop the pulp and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion, garlic and add seasonings. Break up the turkey into small pieces as it cooks.
- Stir in cheese, tomato sauce and zucchini pulp and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini boats and add some water to the bottom.
- Bake, covered, about 35 to 40 minutes.
This recipe makes 2 servings (2 halves) at 1 pt each serving on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.