I've been making freezer meals for my daughter who is expecting very soon! I wanted to put some healthy options in their freezer to make it just a little easier for them to juggle work, being new parents and still remembering to eat!
I had forgotten just how much I love this recipe! It makes 12 servings so I split it up into two containers. This will give them a dinner and some lunches for sure. You could make just 6 servings and split it in half if you are cooking for just two. Whatever fits your lifestyle. But, seriously, you should absolutely make this!
- 5 chicken breasts, cut into cubes or use a rotisserie chicken
- 1 lb pasta (I use whole grain penne)
- 1 box defrosted and drained spinach
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups 2% cottage cheese (I use an immersion blender to remove the curds)
- 1-1/2 cups parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray one or two baking dishes, set aside.
- Cook pasta in a salted pot of water according to package directions.
- Cook cubed chicken or cut up rotisserie chicken.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic about 30 seconds.
- Add flour and whisk for another 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and stir till thickened.
- Add lemon juice, oregano and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, pasta, spinach, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and then pour in the sauce. Mix well and pour into one or two baking dishes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
This recipe makes 12 (1-1/2 cups) servings at 7 points each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.