End of summer parties are starting to happen already! It's so sad to think in a few months we will be bundled up and shoveling snow. brrrrrr
In the meantime, this is an awesome salad to make at home or to take to an outing. My husband is not a fan of mayo based salad and I love garlic so this is a win-win recipe!
- 2 lbs large shimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 leaves of fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- Put on a pot of salted water to boil for the pasta. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet with the olive oil, add shrimp and then garlic. Cook till shrimp turn pink and set aside to cool.
- Drain pasta, rinse with cold water and add to a large bowl.
- Add pesto, tomatoes and shrimp. Mix well.
- Add fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
This recipe makes 10 (1 cup) servings for 6 points each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.