You could always stuff the taco mix in taco shells or layer over lettuce, cauliflower rice or stuff into a pepper. The possibilities are endless.
I cooked up some regular tater tots and some broccoli tater tots to use as my base (I used the broccoli tots, of course!)
Then the mixture was topped with these new Weight Watchers Jalapeno Queso sauce singles (they are 1 pt each). You can easily use fat free cheddar cheese (1/4 cup is 0 points) or whatever cheese you like. Or no cheese!
This also qualifies as a freezer friendly meal. Cook the taco mix and freeze for future meals!
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp hot and spicy taco seasoning or regular low sodium
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 - 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 bag classic coleslaw
- In a large skillet cook and break up the ground turkey, add in the onion and garlic.
- Sprinkle in the taco seasoning, black beans, cumin, chili powder and paprika. Mix well.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the lime juice, mix well.
- Fold in the coleslaw gently and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Top with diced scallions.
I put the broccoli tots on the bottom of my bowl, topped with the taco mix and then the queso.
This 4 serving recipe, as I made it, was 4 pts each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program. If you exclude the tots and queso, it is 0 points!