I made 4 of these the other day so my lunches are ready to go! I can also see this recipe being used for small, appetizer mushrooms. You can be creative with the veggies depending on what you like. So good and filling!
- 4 large Portabello Mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- Pam Olive oil spray - 5 sprays
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large handfuls of spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp store-bought marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Kraft fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the cleaned mushrooms on a baking sheet. Spray with Pam Olive oil spray, sprinkle salt and pepper and then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat a skillet, use a quick spray of Pam Cooking Spray and saute pepper, garlic and onion for a few minutes. Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Meanwhile, mix the ricotta, parmesan and egg in a bowl then add spinach mixture. Mix well.
- Evenly distribute between the 4 mushrooms.
- Top with 1 tbsp of marinara sauce and 2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
This recipe makes 4 servings at 4 points each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.