When I've spoken to people about soup, I get mixed reviews. Some think soup does not constitute a meal. Let me tell you that this bowl of soup definitely is a meal in itself. At 2 cups per serving, plus a side salad, I was stuffed! The soup has just enough creaminess coupled with some veggie chunkiness that it makes a perfect combination. Soup? Stew? Or is it a Stoup? Try it and let me know!
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 28 oz no salt diced tomatoes
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups Swanson unsalted chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 bag or 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat your instant pot to saute and add the olive oil.
- Toss in onion, carrots, zucchini and garlic, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the tomatoes, lentils, broth, water, salt, pepper and crushed pepper flakes, stir well.
- Attach lid (make sure it is on sealed), set for soup, 20 minutes.
- Once it has come up to pressure and cooked for 20 minutes, wait 5 minutes and release pressure.
- Use an immersion blender to slightly blend soup to your preference.
- Stir in lemon juice and spinach, set to saute for a few minutes to finish thickening.
This recipe makes 6 servings at 2 pts for 2 cups each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.
Note: You can easily do this on the stove top as well. I also froze 2 cup portions for future meals!