Everyone out there has their own version of this soup and here is mine!
I did mine in the instant pot but you can easily throw everything in a slow cooker or do it stove top. You can add or subtract items. Whatever floats your boat!
This made 8 servings which I put in 8 individual containers. A couple lunches, maybe a dinner and the rest go in the freezer for future meals.
Keeping it simple and working on this cooking for 1...
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 10 oz bag of frozen corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning (store brought or make your own)
- Pour water in the instant pot and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Hit manual for 8 minutes.
- Let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Shred chicken and mix back in.
Does it get any simpler? I topped mine with some scallions and a 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
This recipe makes 8 servings (@ 1 cup) on Weight Watchers Freestyle program.