Cooking for one? Here's another great recipe that makes just 2 servings.
If you're like me, I do not want to eat the same meal for lunch or dinner all week. I'll get bored and order a pizza! So I've been trying 2 serving meals. One meal for dinner and one for lunch. Perfect! It means I have to cook more often but it seems to be working out well.
This was soooo good! Lemon and garlic in the same dish? Yes, please! I put on some Jason Mraz and sang while I cooked.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced up in large chunks
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1/2 a lemon plus garnish
- 1/2 cup of Swanson unsalted chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Season chicken with S&P, garlic powder and crushed red pepper (if using).
- Press the saute button and add the olive oil.
- Place the chicken in the pot and brown on each side for about 3 minutes. I had to do 2 batches. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Stir in the onions and garlic. Stir for a minute and then add the juice of 1 lemon, deglazing and working up the browned bits from the bottom of the pot (don't use a metal spoon!).
- Add the Italian seasoning, lemon zest and chicken broth. Place the chicken back in and seal the lid.
- Select manual and set the timer for 7 minutes. Once it's completed, release the pressure and remove lid.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Set pot to saute and add cornstarch slurry. Stir for a few minutes, sauce will thicken and then add chicken back in to coat.
This recipe is 3 pts per serving (2 servings) on Weight Watchers Freestyle program.
I served my chicken over some brown rice sprinkled with chopped parsley.