I've been working on cooking meals for 1 which I find difficult sometimes. Most recipes I come across are for 4 to 6 people and it can get complicated, breaking it down for 1 or 2 meals, at least in my crazy mind!
Keep-it-simple-stupid has been my motto lately. This recipe is perfect for a dinner and a lunch. Plus, it's SO delicious! I paired it with broccolini this time just for a change but use what veggie you like. Broccoli or asparagus would work well!
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch Broccolini
- 1 to 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Add everything except the olive oil into a resealable bag and store in the fridge ahead of time. Mine sat for about 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the veggies and let cook until almost tender and then add the chicken.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side. (temp should be @165 degrees).
- Let chicken sit for a few minutes while you pour that glass of wine :)
This recipe is 2 pts per serving (2 servings) on Weight Watchers Freestyle program.
Note: I was cooking some other vegetables at the same time and threw those red onions in there. I love onions but you can leave them out or add them in!