I've been working on getting some freezer meals together for upcoming weeks. I like soups and chili's the best in individual servings. They are quick and easy to pull out and microwave for a meal, especially when cooking for 1.
This is a Broccoli soup that I've been working on and now my freezer is packed with quite a few meals!
The veggies can be roughly chopped because I use an immersion blender at the end to smooth out the soup.
I recommend using Swanson Unsalted Chicken Broth. Add the salt in yourself to taste to keep the sodium levels down.
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 3 or 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups of Swanson unsalted chicken broth
- 4 cups of Fat Free Half and Half
- 2 cups Kraft Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- Add everything into the slow cooker except the cheese, pepper and salt.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Use the immersion blender to smooth out the soup.
- Add the cheese, black pepper and salt.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
This recipe makes 8 servings at 1 & 1/2 cups each for 4 pts on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.