Friday is coming up quick! Instead of ordering that pizza, treat yourself to this really quick and easy Salmon bowl. It takes no time to saute the spinach, carrots and salmon. I have an extra big skillet and do it all in one pan.
The combinations are endless! Choose your protein and veggies and go for it!
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 cup carrots (I used the match sticks)
- 1 cup Hanover Asian Riced Cauliflower (freezer section)
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- scallion, diced
- 1 lime
- Marinate the salmon in the soy sauce mixed with the honey.
- In a large skillet, sprayed with cooking spray, add the spinach and cook over medium heat until wilted. I sprinkle some salt, pepper and garlic powder on it as well.
- Push to the side and add the salmon, skin side down. You want to get that skin nice and crispy. Cook for about 5 minutes or so and then flip.
- Pop the Cauliflower Rice into the microwave.
- Add the carrots to the other side of the pan and toss until everything is done, about 4 more minutes.
- Arrange the rice in a bowl with the spinach and carrots then top with the salmon, skin side up.
- Give everything a nice squeeze of lime and serve with additional lime wedges.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds and scallions over top.
This recipe makes 2 servings at 2 points each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.