I love turkey burgers but since I use 99% fat free ground turkey, they can turn out dry sometimes.
This is a fool proof recipe for moist turkey burgers. I promise you!
The key is adding moisture to the ground turkey which easily comes about by sauteing some onions and adding greek yogurt.
The burgers come out at 2 points each then I smeared some Laughing Cow cheese on top for another 1 point. You feel like you are cheating :-). Add some slices of tomato and red onion and you are all set. No need for a bun!
I also baked up some Alexia Fries. You can have 12 crinkle cut fries for 3 points. Delish!
- 1 tbsp. light butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb 99% fat free ground turkey
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fat free 0% greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Mince the onion and add to a skillet with the melted butter. Cook for a few minutes until softened then add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Set aside to cool.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and then add the onion/garlic mix. Incorporate all together but do not overmix.
- Divide into 4 burgers and cook in a sprayed skillet over medium heat until internal temp reaches 160.
This recipe makes 4 servings for 2 pts each on WW Freestyle Program.