I think lemon chicken must be one of my favorites! It's so easy to make and goes with anything. I served it with this recipe for EGGPLANT.
Earlier in the day, I had a few minutes so I diced up two chicken breasts, tossed in a Ziploc baggie with salt, pepper and flour and put it back in the fridge. Whatever prep I can do ahead of time is a plus!
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded out to equal thickness, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Swanson unsalted chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp. water
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, diced
- Mix chicken, salt, pepper and flour togetherd.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned on both sides, remove to a plate.
- Pour in the chicken broth then add the garlic, stirring well. Add the cornstarch and water mixture. Bring to a low boil then add the chicken back in.
- Add the lemon zest and heat the chicken back up.
- Remove from the heat, add lemon juice and parsley. Toss to coat.
This recipe makes 2 servings at 3 points each on WW Freestyle Program.