One of my favorite summer dishes! It always changes depending on what I have in the house but the staples are shrimp, tomatoes, garlic and zucchini. This time I had some chicken sausage (already cooked, just needed to warm) that I threw in. It's a great light dinner for the hot summer months and they will be here before we know it!
This is the spiralizer that I use...Spiralizer.
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 small red onion, diced fine
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 lemon, juice plus zest (I only used the juice of 1/2)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 links of chicken sausage (optional)
- First spiralize the zucchini, wrap in paper towels to soak up moisture.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large skillet, add 2 minced garlic cloves, stir for a minute then add the zucchini noodles. Moving them around in the pan for just about 2 minutes then set aside.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil, 2 more garlic cloves minced, onion and tomatoes. Stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, (I added the chicken sausage here) tossing to incorporate.
- Add zest and cook until the shrimp are pink.
- Add the zucchini back in and toss with lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe (without sausage) is 2 servings for 2 points on WW Freestyle Program. The chicken sausage bumped it up to 4 points.