I know this recipe may seem like a lot but if you get your ingredients organized and you have the time, it's worth it! Put on some music and pour yourself a glass of wine (or two) and try something different for a change!
- 1 tsp garlic power
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 lb ground turkey (I use 99% fat free)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- fresh parsley, about 2 tbsp chopped
- scallions, thinly sliced for garnish
- 8 tbsp peanut butter (I use Wonder Natural Foods Better'n Peanut Butter, it's 1/2 the points)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic (either use the kind in the jar or smash with a knife until pasty)
- 4 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 medium zucchini's spiralized
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grind together the garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, dried parsley in a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder and set aside.
- Spiralize your zucchini and set aside. (I was only making 2 servings so the other 2 servings went in a ziploc bag wrapped in a paper towel for lunch another day!)
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a frying pan, add the ground turkey, season with spice mixture and cook until the meat is almost done. Push it to the side and add the onion until softened.
- Mix the meat and onions together, add the lemon juice and water and simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat then switch it to low to keep warm.
- Put the peanut butter in a glass measuring cup and microwave about 20 minutes to soften. Whisk in the warm water, lemon juice, honey, ground garlic, soy sauce and sriracha sauce and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute over medium heat and then add the zucchini noodles, stirring and cook for about 2 minutes. Season with S&P.
- Stir in the chopped fresh parsley to the meat mixture.
- Divide the noodles onto plates/bowls, top with 1/4 of the meat mixture and a generous amount of sauce.
- Garnish with scallions.
This recipe was adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen Click Here for Original Recipe.
This recipe makes 4 servings at 6 points each on WW Freestyle Program.