I haven't been a huge fan of chickpeas until now! This creamy recipe is perfect as a side dish, over pasta or spooned over shrimp which is how I served it up.
Simple and easy. Came together in 20 minutes while I was defrosting and peeling the shrimp.
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup Swanson Unsalted Chicken Broth
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 - 16 oz can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour and stir to incorporate, cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir well and then add the chickpeas.
- Bring to a simmer for about 15 minutes, sauce will thicken.
This recipe makes 2 servings for 3 pts each on WW Freestyle Program.