My mom loves to make this banana bread and freeze it so we can take it on vacation with us. Nothing like sitting on the deck, watching the ocean with a cup of hot coffee and a slice of her banana bread!
- 1 & 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar. Stir in eggs, applesauce, bananas and vanilla extract.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Note: You can put whatever you want into this bread..raisins, cranberries, blueberries, peanut butter chips, crunchy peanut butter, pecans, almonds, white chocolate chips, butter scotch chips, pour caramel over the top, bake it with a generous amount of coconut on top. Whew, I hope I've given you enough options to blow your mind!