Have you ever had a poached egg? SO GOOD!! This was actually the first time I've ever cooked them this way. Soft, hard boiled, fried, scrambled but never poached. I don't know what I was apprehensive about, it's easy!
I think Lentils are always a forgotten food. They really fill you up and can be cooked so many different ways. I used green lentils in this preparation.
Mixing the red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard together makes this heavenly sauce to drizzle over everything. Makes ya mouth pucker!
- 1 cup lentils
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups spinach
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- dash white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- Combine the lentils, water, S&P, and garlic in a pot, bring to boil and then let simmer for 40 minutes. It will absorb the water. Add spinach towards the end.
- Preheat the oven to 350, toss asparagus with 1 tsp olive oil, place on a baking sheet, season with S&P, roast about 15 minutes.
- Make the dressing by combining the red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard and 1 tsp olive oil. Whisk thoroughly and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring water to a boil, then reduce to a rolling simmer. Add a dash of white vinegar. Crack one egg at a time into a small bowl and tip the egg into the water. Cook 3 minutes then use a slotted spoon to remove and place on paper towel.
- Spoon about a 1/2 cup of lentil mixture onto a plate, top with asparagus and then 2 poached eggs. Drizzle with the dressing and season with S&P.
This recipe makes 2 servings (with leftover lentils) at 2 points each on WW Freestyle Program.