This is such an delicious meal of salmon served over a creamy bed of spinach. I took out the butter and cream cheese and used fat free half and half and Laughing Cow cheese. I'm not a huge fan of heavy creamed spinach. As a matter of fact, I will usually pass right by it if I can. This is recipe is fresh and light!
- 2 pieces of Salmon
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 wedges of Laughing Cow Cheese (I used the spicy pepper jack mmmmm)
- 1/4 cup fat free half and half
- 3 tbsp. locatelli or parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 and spray a baking sheet with Pam. Season the fish with salt & pepper. (I like to put the baking sheet in the oven while it is coming up to temp so when I place the salmon skin side down, it sizzles and gets all crispy.)
- Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness, flipping for a few minutes at the end.
- Meantime, in a large skillet, add 1 tsp of olive oil, the red bell pepper and garlic. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the spinach, season with a pinch of salt & pepper and mix until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the Laughing Cow Cheese (you will have to smush it a bit), locatelli or parmesan cheese, half and half and mix well.
- Let that simmer on low heat until your fish is done.
- Divide the spinach mixture between 2 plates and top with fish.
This recipe makes 2 servings at 3 points each on WW Freestyle Program.