I think my mother would have licked her plate if she could have! This dish was fantastic. It was so good, we are having it again this week but I'm adding asparagus. It comes together quickly so make sure you have all your ingredients ready to go!
- 2 large oranges
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (whites and greens)
- 1/4 red pepper flakes (optional)
- Zest 1 orange and set aside
- Juice both oranges into a bowl.
- Whisk in the honey, soy sauce and vinegar with 1 tbsp of water.
- In another small bowl, combine the cornstarch with 1 tbsp of the orange mixture to form a paste and then stir back into the other bowl with the orange mixture.
- Pat shrimp dry and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp of the oil over medium heat.
- Add half the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook for 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate and cook the rest of the shrimp with another tsp of oil. Set aside with the rest of the shrimp.
- Add 1 tsp of oil to the skillet.
- Add garlic, ginger, scallion whites and red pepper flakes if using, cook 30 seconds.
- Add the orange mixture and the orange zest, cook for 2 minutes, stirring. It will thicken quickly.
- Add the shrimp back in and scallion greens and toss.
This recipe makes 2 servings at 221 calories each.
I served this with Streamfresh Brown rice. 10 shrimp for each serving.