I really wanted something warm and filling tonight since the weather here is just awful! Raining and chilly!
I decided to make this from the staples in my kitchen and this is how it's done.
- 1 bag Barilla Pasta Ready (love this, ready in 60 seconds)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 small onions
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 chicken sausage links, diced finely (I use Amylu Chicken sausage from Costco)
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 heads of escarole, rinsed and torn
- 1/4 cup locatelli
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions and set aside.
- Heat a pot and drop the olive oil.
- Cook the onions and garlic until softened.
- Add the chicken sausage, chicken broth, beans, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the escarole, stir and cook until wilted.
- Add the pasta and stir well.
- I added about a 1/4 cup of water towards the end and the locatelli cheese.
- Optional: Red pepper flakes
This recipe makes 4 servings at 263 calories.