We love stuffed peppers but I decided to try something a little different this time. Shrimp!! Why not, right? Instead of rice, I bought a head of cauliflower and pulsed it in the food processor. Just a few simple changes can really cut the calories!
- 8 oz defrosted and peeled shrimp
- 4 bell peppers
- 2 1/2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup non fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Core the peppers and place them in a pyrex dish. Bake on 350 for about 20 minutes to soften.
- In the meantime, rice the cauliflower in the food processor, transfer to a bowl.
- Pat the shrimp and season with 1/8 of the spices. Cook in a skillet for about 2 minutes on each side, remove to a cutting board and roughly chop.
- In a large skillet, sprayed with cooking spray, add the cauliflower rice, onion, garlic and 1/8 of each of the spices. Cook for a few minutes, stirring.
- Fill 1/2 of the peppers with the cauliflower mixture, then some shrimp, finish the cauliflower mixture and then the rest of the shrimp.
- Bake in a 350 oven for about 40 minutes.
- Top with cheese and let bake for another 10 minutes.
- Top with yogurt and salsa.
This recipe makes 4 servings at 227 calories for each serving.