I love one pot cooking! Less to clean up as well...
Last night I decided to do spaghetti in the instant pot. Once it came up to pressure it was only 2 minutes to cook the angel hair pasta.
The rule of thumb when cooking pasta is to use half of the lowest time stated on the box. For instance, regular spaghetti is usually 10 minutes so 5 would be what you set the cook time on.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb Jennie-O Extra lean ground turkey (I had it in the tube form)
- 2 cups of water
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- Press the saute button and wait for it to get hot. Adding the cold oil to the hot pot helps food from sticking.
- Add the oil, then the onions. Give them a few minutes to soften and then add the garlic, combine.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up until most of the pink is gone.
- Press cancel button then the manual button. Add the water and mix well.
- Break the spaghetti in half and lay them on top of the mixture.
- Pour the sauce on top and with a pair of tongs, gently fold the ingredients together. Make sure the spaghetti is covered with liquid.
- Secure the lid, make sure the knob is in sealing position. Set the time for 1/2 the time on your box (see above note).
- When done, allow the pot to release naturally for 5 minutes. Stir everything together and serve with cheese and garlic bread if desired.
We prefer Locatelli cheese in our Italian home! The bread shown was a super quick no-yeast bread I made from Jenny Jones website jennycancook.com. It was delicious and only took about 45 minutes total!
No Yeast Quick and Easy Bread
The basic recipe for the spaghetti was 266 calories per 6 servings.
The bread recipe was about 175 calories per 6 servings.