Skinnytaste provided the Easy Turkey Chorizo recipe though I made a few changes. You can find her recipe for this at Turkey Chorizo.
When I saw her recipe, it was like a lightbulb going off in my head. I had the ground turkey and I had everything else to make this beautiful, very filling, bowl for dinner last night.
Use what you have and get creative!
I've been loving the canned white potatoes in my pantry. So versatile but best sautéed with some onions and paprika!
I decided to cook everything up earlier in the day and store in Tupperware containers until dinner. I went for a nice walk after work to clear my head and then all I needed to do was put everything into bowls, microwave and throw on the sunny side up eggs. Perfecto!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bag sugar snap peas
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced canned white potatoes
- 1 onion
- 8 eggs
- Spray a large skillet and drop in the ground turkey. Break up into small pieces as you are cooking it.
- Then add the red wine vinegar and all the spices. Mix together well and remove to a container.
- I did not clean out the skillet, just added flavors to flavors.
- Throw in the sugar snap peas and cook until they start to have blackened spots on them. Remove to a container.
- Toss in the onions and potatoes with a pat of butter and cook until softened. Remove to a container.
- Lastly place the spinach in the skillet and cooked until wilted, 2 minutes. Remove to a container.
- When it was dinner time, I placed the all the ingredients in a bowl, microwaved for a few minutes while I cooked the eggs.
This recipe makes 4 servings at 336 calories each.