This was such an easy soup to throw together over the weekend. Perfect with a side salad, warm and delicious!
My pantry always has loads of canned beans, diced tomatoes, stock and frozen shrimp. I can easily throw together multiple meals if my pantry is stocked well.
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups of unsalted chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar (I used a packet of Splenda)
- 1/2 tbsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 cans white beans (we love cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/2 lb defrosted or fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup locatelli cheese (or parmesan)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes until the onion is softened.
- Add in the broth, tomatoes, sugar, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
- Stir in the beans and spinach and continue to simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Add in the shrimp, stirring until the shrimp turn pink, a few minutes is all it takes.
- Add in the locatelli or parmesan cheese right before serving.
This recipe makes 6 servings at 366 calories each.