You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy vegetables! I was watching a video from Herbalife showing this being made and I had to try it. It really satisfied my pizza urge!
Plus it was super easy to throw together and I had everything in the house.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 - 15 oz can diced tomatoes (fire roasted if possible)
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes or black pepper
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Heat a cast iron pan or a oven safe skillet and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Saute the onion for a few minutes until it starts to soften then add the garlic. Continue to cook for a minute or two.
- Add the tomato paste, saute for a few minutes until it's cooked down.
- Add the beans, 1 cup of water, diced tomatoes and spinach. Mix well.
- Add salt, basil, oregano, the pepper flakes or black pepper.
- Once the spinach has wilted, flatten it out and top with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cook in the oven for about 7 minutes.
This recipe makes 6 servings at 353 calories each.