Summer corn is SO delicious right now. We've been buying corn and shucking it to freeze over the winter.
I decided to try my hand at these Shrimp and Corn fritters since my Mom kept asking for them. Gotta keep Mom happy right?
I prepped them earlier in the day and put them in the fridge on a parchment lined baking sheet. It helps them keep their form. I used a cookie scoop so they were all the same size.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled/deveined and patted dry
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3 green onions, sliced (I used chives as a sub)
- 1 cup of all purposed flour
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheese (I used a Mexican Blend)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Old Bay
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Take 1/2 of the shrimp and pulse it into a paste in the food processor, place into a bowl.
- Roughly chop the remaining shrimp into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add in the eggs, garlic, basil, parsley, paprika, Old Bay, scallions/chives, salt/pepper, flour and cheese. Mix well and then add the corn to incorporate.
- Using a ice cream scoop, make the patties and place them on parchment lined baking sheet, place in the fridge for a few hours.
- Drizzle olive oil in a heated non-stick skillet or I used a grill pan. Pan fry each side until golden brown and fully cooked. I'd say I did mine for about 5 minutes on each side.
I served mine with some sweet and spicy chili sauce and sauteed snap peas.
This recipe made about 20 fritters and a serving was 4 fritters at 400 calories.
I use these ice cream scoops for everything! Meatballs, etc. I used the medium scoop.
This is similar to the stove top grill pan I use. It's great in the winter when I can't get to my outside grill.