Whenever I see crab meat on sale, I swoop it up. You can leave that can of crab in your fridge for up to 6 months while you decide what to do with it.
I decided on crab cakes last night. I like to do the mixture early and leave it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for everything to come together.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (1/2 a lemon) plus the other half for serving
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb crab meat
- 2/3 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- melted butter
- Whisk the egg, mayo, parsley, mustard, worcestershire sauce, old bay, lemon juice and salt together in a a large bowl.
- Put the crab meat in and then the breadcrumbs. Mix very gently and fold together, trying to not break up the crab meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450. Grease a baking sheet with butter.
- Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup and portion the crab cake mixture into 6 cakes on the baking sheet. Don't flatten them but use your hands to compact them.
- Brush the tops with a bit of melted butter (for your taste).
- Bake 12 minutes or until they are browned around the edges and on top.
I served mine with a wedge of lemon and some Birds Eye Cauliflower Mash. Delicious!