We love chicken parmesan and we love meatballs so I created a Chicken Parmesan Meatball this week! Grating the onion gives them extra moisture. These are huge! You can make 4 or 6 of these, totally up top you.
I love the microwaveable cauliflower mashed potatoes and we sauteed some carrots we had in the fridge to go along with the meatballs.
I actually made these ahead of time so all I had to do was pop them in the oven to finish. Our house is a bit of a mess right now since the downstairs is getting painted. Nothing is where it's supposed to be!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley and basil
- 3/4 cup of locatelli or parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 mozzarella sticks, cut in half
- 1 small ball fresh mozzarella
- marinara sauce
For the breading:
- 1 egg, beaten
- panko breadcrumbs
- Mix the ground chicken, garlic, egg, onion, parsley, basil, cheese, breadcrumbs, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Form them into 4 equal balls and push 1 half of a mozzarella stick inside and then form the meatball around the cheese.
- Set up your breading station with the flour, egg then panko. Lightly roll each meatball into the flour, then egg and finally the panko.
- In a non-stick fry pan, drizzle in some olive oil, fry the meatballs until browned on all side.
- Place them in a casserole dish. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, then place a piece of fresh mozzarella on top then a dollop of marinara.
- Pop them back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until the cheese melts on top.
- Garnish with some chopped basil.
Makes 4 or 6 servings. Enjoy!!!