We have our grandkids coming to stay and the house being painted. It's total chaos! So by the time dinner rolled around last night, I was exhausted and still had to pick up groceries.
I had ground turkey in the fridge and decide to make meatballs. I love meatballs. Any kind of meatballs! So this recipe was created on the fly and it turned out so good! You can use any bean you have in the house. We just love white beans so that's what I used. These ingredients are pretty much staples in our home.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium grated onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups of water
- 1 - 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag Birds Eye Frozen brown rice
- Combine turkey, onion, egg, worcestershire sauce, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Use the smallest scooper (like this) and shape into meatballs.
- Brown meatballs in a touch of olive oil, drain any fat.
- Add tomato paste, water, oregano, parsley and oregano; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in a can of beans, and the steamed rice. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.